"Take a Closer Look" includes a couple pieces that you've seen in progress here, now finished. I used Fabric Fusion to glue the pieces to pre-stretched canvas and then added eye-screws and wires to the back for hanging. This is my first time trying out the fabric glue, crossing my fingers it holds for 2 months!! I tried to pull them off before we hung the show, and they seem to be on there for good. 🙂
The newer butterfly pieces are all on 18x18. Alone, these looked like small experiments or sketches, but on the canvases I feel like they can stand alone or as part of a series. The canvas gives them a bit more "presence" so they don't get lost when they're hung next to bigger pieces. Plus, it saves me the time of hand-sewing the bindings and hanging sleeves onto the back. I'll be honest, I really hate sewing bindings!
Leave a Reply